Friday, April 11, 2014

January Workshop

Ginormous Turtle Bag

While a few of us were in Florida visiting a fellow quilter, our Quilt Guild back home got together for their monthly all day workshop. Marlene Doncaster hosted this workshop. It was a lesson in reverse appliqué, later to be made into a large bag. (Ideal as a beach bag)
Marlene was kind enough to email us the directions, so that we could work on the project as well. There are so many great choices for batiks in Florida !!




Front of small turtle bag
As much as I liked the large bag, I decided that I would like to make a smaller bag to carry when I go shopping. I thought about simply making smaller blocks, but I could not stop there. What if I cut my turtles in half?
That is exactly what I did. I love the end result. I ended up with a much smaller bag.
Again I used the Soft and Stable foam stabilizer. It is perfect for bags. It quilts like a dream.

And guess where the rear of the turtles are? Yup....on the back of the bag.
Back of small turtle bag

No comments:

Post a Comment